Monday, November 15, 2010

PDFE Assignment 12

Knowledge of Results of KR provides information about the outcome of an action each time an action is completed. Whether that action is correct or incorrect the participant receives feedback. Having constant feedback is not always a good thing though. An athlete can grow to develop a dependency on the feedback which will case him to perform worse in a game like setting because he will not have that constant feedback.Knowledge of Performance or KP provides information about the process. This allows an athlete to provide themselves with their own automatic feedback. The participant does not have to rely on an outside source for feedback, which will allow for faster reaction time and quicker, more automatic changes. Knowledge of Performance also results for better performance in a game-like setting. The athlete will be able to correct his mistakes without having to rely on the crutch of someone else. Throughout the lab my partner scored better because she was asking for feedback after every turn. This is an example of the KR. I, on the other hand, used KP, which means I asked for feedback sparingly. My partner performed better than me for the first half of the experiment, but when neither one of us could ask for feedback I performed better because I was used to adjusting my attempts without having to be constantly told how close I was to my given target. One thing that could affect this lab would be the way an individual interprets a millimeter. Not having the correct mental distance can drastically change the overall results.

No comments:

Post a Comment