I personally believe that these are appropriate percentages for a middle school P.E. class. The students should be trying to focus as much as possible on the new skills learned in order to build a strong skill base. Instruction is necessary for the students to learn new schools, but for them to truly get better at the skills they are being taught they need to spend as much time as possible acting out the new skills they have learned. It is my personal opinion that there was too much time waiting. 9% of class is too much time for middle schoolers to be idle. The time spent managing the class was appropriate because the class switched from game to game. I believe that this is a great class for middle schoolers because they get to spend time in a college athletic facility and they are taught by college students. The students seem to respond better to the college students and they seem to be more willing to listen to what the college students have to say. All-in-all I believe the class runs very well and the students are usually able to maximize their learning potential.
No comments:
Post a Comment